With Google+ preparing to launch a business version of the new social network at the end of the year, we’ve taken an inside look at some of the features it will include.
Together, they promise to provide a much more sensible experience for businesses than Facebook has been able to offer.
Despite moves in the right direction, Facebook is still frustrating to use as a brand – you have to create a personal profile to have a fan page and it’s often difficult for users to work out which business pages
These are issues Google+ aims to put right, making it a serious contender for Facebook’s crown. Here are just some of the features brands can look forward to seeing:
- Google Meeting: There will be a ‘business hangout’ for meetings that allows companies to organise, record and archive phone, text and video conferences with up to 10 people. Attendees can be invited via Google Calendar, email and Google Chat.
- Google Whiteboard: The use of Google Docs makes it easy to present, create and share documents during a meeting. Attendees will be able to make notes on a virtual whiteboard and content can be shared with others via Google Plus or email.
- Google Screencast: It will be possible to record a computer screen and share it with others so participants can show or demonstrate things on their computer.
- Google Offers: Companies can use this function to include special offers for their fans and customers
- Verification: There will be a functionality to verify business ownership so that fans can be sure they are really interacting with the brand.
- Business structure: In comparison to Facebook Pages, Google+ Pages not only list fans but also employees and management. It will be possible to add more than one location of a business using Google Maps and Places.
- Google Stats: There will be the facility to integrate Google Analytics and Google Adwords, making it easier to monitor a brand’s entire online presence.
Our digital team are experts in social media and creating a buzz around a brand or concept. Find out more about how they could generate engagement for you below.