Sundays are a perfect excuse to stay in, so last weekend I put on my pinny and baked the team a few Monday treats!
As you already know, the team are big fans of Hummingbird Bakery so I decided get the taste buds tingling with some homemade Hummingbird treats and picked out the Blondies recipe (also known as white chocolate brownies!)
150g white chocolate, roughly chopped
125g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
200g Plain flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup shelled pecans, chopped – optional (we have a few office nut allergies so I left these out)
1 baking tray (lined with greaseproof paper)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (325 F).
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, place chocolate and butter (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Leave until melted and smooth then remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir until well incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stirring briskly so that you don’t allow the eggs to scramble. Don’t worry if the mixture looks as if it is starting to split.
- Add flour, salt and pecans and stir until well combined and the nuts are evenly dispersed.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the centre is still soft.
- Let cool completely.
As a special treat I also drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top of the cooled blondies.