Launching Dappad into the UK
In 2015 Dappad launched to the UK market offering men a unique shopping experience. The service caters for men who are stylish and enjoy fashion but who are time poor. We were brought on board to introduce the media to the brand, educate them about the service and what sets them apart from their competitors. Our ultimate goal was to drive new customer sign ups.
- To successfully launch Dappad into the UK through targeted media exposure.
- Increase new customer sign ups and drive website traffic.
- Communicate the Dappad messaging to key media titles and position the brand as a market leader.
Originality and creativity
In order to showcase the premium service offered by Dappad, and educate the media on why it is different to its competitors we organised for a selection of top editors from national newspapers and key menswear titles to sign up with Dappad and experience the service first hand. These trials provided the media with an opportunity to understand how Dappad works and to appreciate why men would choose this style of shopping over traditional methods.
To gain coverage within a wider selection of media titles we worked to raise the profile of Dappad Founder and CEO Erika Nilsson-Humphrey. Before setting up Dappad Erika worked in the City in the male-dominated finance sector. This experience led her to spot the gap in the market for a service like Dappad and provided her with a unique insight into male shopping habits.
Erika also had her own personal story to tell, having battled breast cancer during the launch of the brand and the birth of her first child. We were able to utilise this wealth of experience and her inspiring story to create a variety of opportunities for Dappad including personal and business profile pieces, expert commentary for fashion, business and consumer news stories as well as creative feature articles.
Strategy and Implementation
- Press Engagement – we worked closely with key media titles on a variety of ‘tried & tested’ reviews of the service which led to coverage in titles such as Esquire, The Times Magazine and Square Mile.
- Competitions – to coincide with key seasonal hooks such as Christmas and Valentine’s Day we partnered Dappad with titles such as Marie Claire and Instyle to offer their readers the chance to win a Dappad voucher for their significant other.
- Business Profiling – we generated a range of profile pieces on Dappad and the Founder Erika Nilsson-Humphrey including a feature in Square Mile’s ‘Escape Artist’ column and a 3 page interview spread in Start Your Business.
- Expert Commentary – working with the news agenda we created opportunities for Erika to provide quotes and insights where appropriate. This led to extensive media coverage with Erika commenting on the gender savings gap.
- Features & Surveys – to maximise on Erika’s experience in business as well as her inspiring personal story we created a range of feature angles. ‘Positive Mental Attitude: The Secret to My Success’ led to coverage with Look.co.uk. ‘Making the Move from Finance to Fashion’ was published by Business Review Europe and ‘Sustainability is in Fashion’ was featured on Female First. We also carried out consumer surveys for Dappad such as ‘The Most Stylish Men of 2015’ where the public voted male celebrities best or worst dressed. This generated coverage within a variety of online titles including Belfast Telegraph and Sunday World.
Results and evaluation
Over the six month launch period for Dappad we generated over 40 pieces of press coverage including Esquire, The Times Magazine, Square Mile, Canary Wharf Magazine, The City, Huffington Post, The Pool, Look, Marie Claire, Instyle, Perfect Wedding, Start Your Business, Business Matters, Business Review Europe and Menswear Buyer.
The City Magazine
Europe Business Review