Launching a French-based app in the UK
Flashgap is a time-delayed photo-sharing app inspired by ‘The Hangover’ movie. Users create an album from an event or evening out with the photos revealed and sent straight to everyone in the group at 12pm the next day – making sure that antics, potentially drunken ones, are never forgotten!
The core objectives for this campaign were to:
• Introduce Flashgap to the UK
• Deliver coverage which would directly lead to downloads of the app
• Build the profile of founder and CEO, Julian Kabab
• Create interest and a buzz around Flashgap among their target demographic
Originality and Creativity
Originality and creativity were essential to Flashgap’s success as it was the first of its kind and it was important to highlight this when communicating with the media.
Our aim was to promote Julian as a serious and credible entrepreneur but temper this with positioning Flashgap as a fun and social app – the two pronged attack helped us to spread ourselves across a wide-range of UK media.
Strategy and Implementation
• Positioning Flashgap as the latest new, fun, must-have app
• Case studies
• Thought leadership
• CEO interview and comment opportunities
• App reviews
Results and Evaluation
Within the first eight days of working with Flashgap, the app had already experienced 130,000 downloads – largely thanks to the multiples national pieces of coverage which we achieved. We also secured numerous interviews for founder and CEO, Julian Kabab, across a variety of media helping to give the company greater credibility.