Developing an online brand such that consumers associate Hochanda with all things craft, hobbies and arts and become part of the Hochanda community.
Hochanda was launched in August 2015 and is the home of crafts, hobbies and arts. Hochanda offers a complete retail and shopping experience broadcast across the Freeview, Sky and Freesat platforms. It is also available to watch online at www.HOCHANDA.com. Hochanda is a business with core consumer values, offering a high standard of quality and excellence.
The core objectives for this campaign were to:
- Help develop online brand awareness, so that consumers become familiar with Hochanda as the home of crafts, hobbies and arts in the UK
- Create engaging, informative and inspiring content which will grow social media engagement across existing Hochanda social media channels
- Maximise interest across a range of demographics, to build on and maintain Hochanda’s community of brand advocates
- Drive traffic to the website where consumers can view and purchase crafting products from a variety of Hochanda suppliers
Originality and Creativity
We provided complete channel management and content generation for Hochanda’s social media channels and blog site. All content was created with the original primary objectives in mind and it was balanced to cater for a variety of demographics and interests. Updates were also reactive, informative and consistent with the TV schedule. This allowed us to promote shows and popular Hochanda presenters in advance of their programming time.
Hochanda’s suppliers are at the heart of their business, so with that in mind we encouraged them to get involved with us on social media where possible. As the Hochanda audience are consistently active and hungry for content, we asked suppliers to promote their shows through a short video. Video was created for promotion across the Hochanda social media channels every single day, giving dedicated customers even more access to their favourite crafting heroes. A series of popular social media and blog competitions, crafting guides, top tips and Facebook Live implementation also kept the fan base engaged with the brand.
Strategy and Implementation
By creating a tone of voice and channel strategy, we were able to expand Hochanda’s online footprint and in turn drive traffic to the website, grow the customer base and overall brand loyalty. As mentioned, content was created with core suppliers and core customers in mind, as these are at the heart of Hochanda’s business.
PHA worked alongside the Hochanda in-house team to create strategies which aligned with overarching marketing plans including email marketing, new product launches and events. We worked to a weekly content plan, and reacted accordingly to any last minute TV schedule changes and updates.
Results and Evaluation
- Increased social media engagement with an average daily reach of ~40,000 on Facebook
- Increased blog page views with an average of ~7,000 per week
- A total of 7,000 link clicks generated on the bespoke Hochanda bit.ly link
- Successful maintenance and growth of the Hochanda community online
- Integration of new features, creative visuals and social media updates to reach new audiences e.g. animated gifs and Facebook Live