Launching the Nutri Blitzer™ from JML in partnership with James Cracknell
We were tasked with launching the new Nutri Blitzer™ from JML to the UK market through a fully integrated campaign. Championed by double Olympic Gold Medallist James Cracknell, the Nutri Blitzer™ from JML unlocks the nutrients and vitamins found in food that some ordinary blenders and juicers leave behind.
- Client: JML
- Date: 01/11/2015
- Blog Category: Consumer PR, Food & Drink
- Project URL: http://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/food-processors-mixers-and-blenders/nutri-blitzer-nutrition-extractor/
- Showcase the Nutri Blitzer™ as a superior product to the many competitor blenders on the market.
- Generate widespread coverage within consumer, fitness, health and food titles for the product.
- Maximise partnership with James Cracknell through interview placement, social media engagement, quotes and testimonials.
- Boost awarenesss of the product and the partnership with James Cracknell within the digital community.
Originality and creativity
To introduce the new product, educate the media on its functionality and demonstrate why it was superior to its competitors, we planned a breakfast event hosted by the Nutri Blitzer™ ambassador, James Cracknell.
The event was planned around live demonstrations from James where he was able to showcase the product, along with his favourite ‘Blitz Fix’ recipes. At the event the media were able to meet James along with his wife Beverley Turner to discuss the launch and how they use the Nutri Blitzer™ in their family home. Attendees were also treated to healthy breakfast treats, a bespoke ‘smoothie bar’ and the chance to take home a Nutri Blitzer™ in a colour of their choice.
Following the launch we utilised the current trend for ‘clean eating’ to devise a range of creative feature articles such as ‘New Year, New You Recipes’ which led to a full page in the Woman magazine ‘Diet Special’ that included three healthy recipes designed by the JML team alongside product images and messaging.
Strategy and implementation
We worked closely with the JML team to manage and organise the Nutri Blitzer launch event; securing a venue, co-ordinating the breakfast ‘smoothie bar’, liaising with the James Cracknell team and ensuring media attendance. We worked with the brands in-house team to launch the product online including social media management and the creation of bespoke imagery and video content.
Following the launch, we continued to work closely with ambassador James Cracknell to manage all activity including interview placement (which led to a full page tech-based feature in the Metro), quotes and testimonials from James for the media and collaboration on Facebook and Twitter to amplify social media engagement.
Our long term strategy to maintain coverage following the launch included:
- Seasonal Features: Christmas gift guide placement, January detox and ‘Get Ready for Summer’ recipe ideas etc.
- Blogger Engagement: working with high profile influencers such as Lived with Love and Eat Wear Travel.
- Media Partnerships: securing a number of competition and reader offer pieces for the product including Your Fitness and Vegetarian Living.
- Social Media: on-going social media strategy that included collaborating with Penguin Random House to host a joint online competiton. This launched on both Facebook and Twitter and reached a total of 67,973 people during its timespan.
Results and evaluation
The launch event for the Nutri Blitzer™ was attended by over 40 journalists and subsequently has led to a total of over 40 pieces of coverage to date including Metro, Daily Express, OK, The Sun on Sunday, Sunday Express (S Magazine), Your Home, Style at Home, Your Fitness, Top Santé, Natural Health, New! and Best. Additionally, the Nutri Blitzer has been featured by a number of high profile food/lifestyle bloggers including Little Stuff, Eat Wear Travel and Lived with Love.
Content revolving around the launch event and the product reached a total social audience of 168,530. In addition, we increased online conversation related to JML and the Nutri Blitzer™ by 54.73%.
We secured commendation from GQ, who named the Nutri Blitzer™ as one of the ‘top products of 2015’, and Good Housekeeping who awarded the Nutri Blitzer™ the ‘Good Housekeeping Institute Approved 2016’ badge.
The team at PHA are a dream to work with and always on the case. They have taken the time to understand implicitly the way our business operates and incorporate this into their delivery. Meetings with PHA are always fun and exceptionally productive with a quick turnaround in terms of response and actions.