Launching the 1870 range from Silver Spring
Great British drinks brand Silver Spring, enlisted the services of PHA to launch the newly rebranded 1870 mixer range.
- Client: Silver Spring
- Date: 01/01/2012
- Categories: Consumer PR, Events, Food & Drink
Great British mixer brand Silver Spring 1870 underwent a complete re-brand and worked with PHA Media to communicate this exciting news to key press and consumers. The client’s objectives included:
- Communicating the launch of the new-look brand to key press and consumers.
- Generating high profile product placement opportunities within key target media.
- Celebrating the product’s unique selling point of using only the finest quality ingredients.
- Creating excitement and a media buzz surrounding the launch.
Working with the distribution manager, supporting retailer listings.
Originality and creativity
To create a buzz around the newly re-launched mixer brand, we devised the concept of an ‘Around the World with 1870’ event, designed to celebrate the exotic ingredients present in each of the mixer variants.
Strategy and implementation
- The ‘Around the World with 1870’ event was held at the Good Housekeeping Institute, guaranteeing the attendance of a steady stream of journalists from key titles.
- As part of the event, PHA created five individual bars, representing each of 1870’s flavour varieties.
- Journalists were invited to sample each of the mixers and their exotic ingredients at the relevant bar, to understand how the taste is created and what makes the product different from its competitors.
- An 1870 brand ambassador was on hand to engage with consumers and journalists, allowing them to learn as much as possible about the background and ideology of the 1870 brand.
- To support the event, PHA delivered a ‘Perfect Cocktail Kit’ – containing 1870 Mixers, cocktail shaker & mini bottles of spirits – to key titles, to coincide with the summer features they were working on.
Results and evaluation
The event was extremely successful and saw over 50 key consumer titles feature news of the re-launched brand including The Sun, Hello!, Metro, Daily Mail (Weekend), Woman and Women’s Weekly. The event was responsible for a marked increase in consumer awareness as well as direct sales of the product.